Call to Artists
October 2018 – Colors of Autumn Show
This show will fill the gallery with all of the beautiful colors of the fall season. Entries of any medium depicting the colors of autumn may be entered. Plan now to participate in this show.
Children ages 4 – 14 are encouraged to enter this show as well.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR OCTOBER “COLORS OF AUTUMN”
- The intake is Wednesday, October 3rd, 3 – 6 pm at the gallery.
- Pick up of art Wednesday, October 31st, 3 – 6 pm at the gallery. KAA cannot store or be held liable for artwork not picked up on October 31st, unless prior arrangements have been made.
THE ARTISTS’ RECEPTION will be held Saturday, October 6th from 2 – 4 pm. Please plan to attend the reception. Wonderful artwork will be shown. The public, artists, family and friends are invited to attend. Awards will be presented at this time. Artists who are exhibiting works are encouraged to attend as the public enjoys meeting you and having dialogue with you.
The “Colors of Autumn” show will run from October 4th through October 27th.
THE FOLLOWING ARE GENERAL GUIDESLINES FOR ALL KAA SHOWS:
Keizer Art Association reserves the right to jury submitted art for suitability and as space limitations mandate. Please refer to guidelines below for further details. Each piece entered must have the artist’s name, telephone number, medium and the title on a card that is affixed to the back of the a
- 2D are typically two dimensional pieces, such as: watercolor, oil, acrylic paintings, mixed media, colored pencil or digital art. (Digital Art includes photos edited and changed using artistic filter adjustments in post processing, photo painting, digital collages, integrated art, digital painting, or any other artistic rendition using computer and software.)
- 3D typically show width, height and depth, such as: fabric art, carving, modeling, or welding materials into a work of art (for example, a sculpture).
- Photography – Any image created within the confines of a camera and using camera related adjustments in post processing for lighting, contrast, color, sharpness, cropping, etc.
- Kid’s Art – Any of the above mediums entered by children 4 – 14 years of age.
- All work must be original to the artist.
- All mediums are acceptable and it is open to all artists.
- Edges of unframed wall art must be suitably finished (no visible staples/jagged edges).
- Wall art must have a sturdy hanger. Examples of acceptable hangers which must be compatible with our hanging system: A wire in the top third of the piece of art or another built in hanger in the back of the piece of art. Sawtooth hangers are not acceptable. When there is a question regarding the appropriateness of the hanger, one of the board members at intake will try to hang the art. Their decision to accept or reject the hanger will be final.
- 2-D work must not exceed 48” x 48”. 3-D work must be freestanding and less than 50 lbs.
- Jewelry and other small objects should be displayed in a secure, professional manner.
- Artwork exhibited in this gallery within the past two years is not acceptable.
- Up to four entries per artist are permitted.
- Entry back must have card with artist’s name, telephone number, medium and title.
This exhibit is judged and ribbons will be awarded for best of show, first, second and third place, juror’s merit award and honorable mention in each of these categories: 2-D art, photography, 3-D art and Kids’ Art. The decision of the judge(s) is final. A $50 award will be given to the artist of the best of show.
- Members: $10 for first piece; $15 for two pieces; $15 for diptychs and triptychs (a single work of art displayed on two or three panels}; $20 for three pieces; $25 for four pieces.
- Non Members: $15 for first piece; $20 for two pieces; $20 for diptychs and triptychs; $25 for three pieces; $30 for four pieces.
- Youth: $5 for up to two pieces. This division is open to all youth (14 years old and younger).
- Commission fee for sales is 60% to the artist and 40% to KAA.
Keizer Art Association & Enid Joy Mount Gallery *
980 Chemawa Rd. NEKeizer, Oregon 97303