September, 201 8 – “Watercolor Show”
The September show will be a truly beautiful one. The gallery will be filled with watercolor art of any subject matter. Children are encouraged to enter this show.
INTAKE is Wednesday, September 5th, 3 – 7 pm.
THE ARTISTS’ RECEPTION will be held Saturday, September 8th from 2 to 4 pm.
The SHOW WILL RUN FROM September 6th through September 29th.
Some wonderful artwork will be shown. The public, artists, family and friends are invited to attend the reception. Awards will be presented at this time. Artists who are exhibiting works are encouraged to attend as the public enjoys meeting you and having dialogue with you.
Keizer Art Association reserves the right to jury submitted art for suitability and as space limitations mandate. Please refer to guidelines for further details. Each piece entered must have the artist’s name, telephone number, medium and the name of the piece on a card that is affixed to the back of the art.
2D – Typically are two dimensional pieces, such as: watercolor, oil, acrylic paintings, mixed media, colored pencil or digital art. (Digital Art includes photos edited and changed using artistic filter adjustments in post processing, photo painting, digital collages, integrated art, digital painting, or any other artistic rendition using computer and software.)
3D – Typically shows width, height and depth, such as: carving, modeling, or welding materials into a work of art (for example, a sculpture).
Photography – Any image created within the confines of a camera and using camera related adjustments in post processing for lighting, contrast, color, sharpness, cropping, etc.
Kid’s Art – Any of the above mediums entered by children 4 – 14 years of age.
- All work must be original to the artist.
- All media are acceptable and it is open to all artists.
- Wall art must have a sturdy hanger. Examples of acceptable hangers which must be compatible with our hanging system: A wire in the top third of the piece of art or another built in hanger in the back of the piece of art. Sawtooth hangers are not acceptable. When there is a question regarding the appropriateness of the hanger, one of the board members at intake will try to hang the art. Their decision to accept or reject the hanger will be final.
- Edges of unframed wall art must be suitably finished (no visible staples/jagged edges).
- 2-D work must not exceed 48” x 48”.
- 3-D work must be freestanding and less than 50 lbs.
- Jewelry and other small objects should be displayed in a secure, professional manner.
- Artwork exhibited in this gallery within the past two years is not acceptable.
- Up to four entries per artist are permitted.
- Entry back must have card with artist’s name, telephone number, media and piece name
This exhibit is juried and ribbons will be awarded for best of show, first, second and third place and honorable mention in each of these categories: 2-D art, photography, 3-D art and kids’ art. The decision of the judge(s) is final. A $50 award will be given to the artist of the best of show. You may be called, if time allows, to inform you that you have won a ribbon. The call is to encourage you to attend the reception where ribbons will be awarded.
- The intake is Wednesday, September 5th, 3 – 7 pm at the gallery.
- Pick up of art Wednesday, October 3rd, 3 – 7 pm at the gallery. KAA cannot store or be held liable for artwork not picked up on October 3rd unless prior arrangements have been made.
An Entry Form and fees must accompany your entry.
Entry Forms are available on our website, at the gallery or requested by email.
Keizer Art Association & Enid Joy Mount Gallery * 980 Chemawa Rd. NE
Keizer, Oregon 97303
Hours: Tuesday through Friday, 1 – 4 pm, Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm